While even the most ardent of drinkers might turn down a Dry Martini at 10 AM, it’s a completely different story with this concoction from top bartender Charlotte Voisey. Just throw in a little lemon juice and orange marmalade, and you’ve got a delicious morning tipple; but don’t forget the side of toast. (Scroll down for Recipe)
- 1.5 oz Hendrick’s Gin
- 2 tsp Orange marmalade
- .75 oz Fresh lemon juice
- .5 oz Simple syrup (one part sugar, one part water)
Add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
Shake, and strain into a cocktail glass.
Garnish with a lemon peel and serve with buttered toast on the side.
HOW YOU SHOULD DRINK IT
- With tonic and a slice of cucumber
- In cocktails (Hendrick’s Breakfast Martini, “Dirty Martini”, Cucumber & Rose Collins, Spring’s First Bloom, Hendrick’s Hot Gin Punch, Rosie Lee, Diamond Blue, Pimm’s Pony)
- The brand uses a rare Carter-Head Still built in the 19th century to gently infuse the gin.
- Hendrick’s uses a combination of traditional gin botanicals like juniper berries and non-traditional ingredients, including cucumber and rose petal, to flavor the spirit.